Friday, January 29, 2016

Another Story Accepted!

Just a couple of days into my bereavement leave, I got an e-mail from a publication called Monsters and the Monstrous saying they have accepted my short story about Medusa for publication.  woo-HOOO!  This is even cooler (in a way) than the other story being accepted.  This was the FIRST one I had submitted for publication, and it was submitted in JUNE, a few months before the Women in Horror Annual entry was.  I had e-mailed them a couple of months ago asking if they had reached a decision yet and was told they were still "in process", so I figured my story was toast, and moved on.  Imagine my delight to hear from them!

I have NO idea when it will come out, as all the submissions will, of course, have to be edited.  But just knowing that I scored this one as well makes it fine with me, whenever it gets published!

This is the statue of Medusa that gave me the inspiration for my story; I have it sitting on top of my stereo in my 'parlor'.  Awesome, isn't she? 

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/360641626197-0-1/s-l1000.jpg  

14 comments:

  1. That's good news indeed. Congratulations. You really seem to be going places with your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I do hope so, I am enjoying writing them immensely. Actually, I owe you one for the impetus to submit them. You set a good example, my friend!

      Delete
    2. Aw shucks, Lucretia! Now I'm feeling totally flattered.

      Delete
  2. Wow, good for you Lucretia! That's awesome news, especially right now. I can only wonder what the story might be like with that statue as your muse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I wish I could have told my mom; she knew about the first one, but obviously I didn't have a chance to tell her about this one.

      I will pop a copy of the story in the mail to you next week. I'd love to hear what you think of it!

      Delete
  3. Wow, congratulations!

    Love Medusa! She looks like a wild warrior woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, she is! An inspiration to women everywhere who are tired of being stomped on and pushed around.

      Delete