Friday, October 30, 2015

Hallowe'en at Work (or, How to Get Paid for Playing All Day)

Today at work we had all our Hallowe'en parties (various departments).  Normally I take a vacation day on October 31st, but since tomorrow is a Saturday and I was already out two days this week, I decided I needed to put in an appearance.  But what to wear???

I didn't actually think of this costume until yesterday morning.  I had all the various materials needed, I just had to find them and put them together.  And it actually worked!!

For those who have NO idea what I'm supposed to be, I am a Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) bride.  NOT the Bride of Frankenstein, as two people thought.  The temporary tattoos worked quite well!  The one on my nose is a bit crooked, but that's because it got broken when they buried me.  ;-)


You can't see them, but I'm also wearing shiny red raw silk heels (which would have been killing me if I hadn't already been dead).  Please excuse the mess in my office!  And unfortunately, I had to stand in front of my neat Hallowe'en decorations.  Oh well!!

Now to go snitch some more lumpia from the food area before they clear it all away...  ;-)

12 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely costume! You look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a pretty impressive costume for last minute, Lucretia! If we wind up going to the saloon tomorrow night, I might have to borrow the idea - but in black since I don't own anything white! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it would work in black as well, so go for it! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I like your Caterina outfit it cool,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, very impressive last-minute costume! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic! Shame you can't be allowed to dress like that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) Actually, I think I'd pass on wearing the tattoos all the time, though, they're a bit difficult to remove. But it was worth it!

      Delete
  6. VERY AWESOME! And very impressive for a last minute costume! Happy Belated Halloween, dear gal!

    ReplyDelete