Monday, October 21, 2013

An Adoption Announcement!

I am a new mother again!  Well, not exactly, but close.  I have adopted a Vamplet!  She arrived last week, along with an adoption certificate and her baby bottle of disappearing blood.  I still have to find her a coffin crib.

This is Lily Rose Shadowlyn, in her limited edition ballet tutu (and diaper):


Nightmare Ballet Lily - Limited Release picture





















Isn't she adorable???  I can hardly wait for my son to meet his new baby sister!!  ;-)

As you can see, Vamplets are baby vampires.  I've been wanting one for about two years now, but could never "justify" the buying of a stuffed toy for myself.  However, I've finally come to my senses and realized that there is NO reason I shouldn't have one!  So now she will be company for my Skelanimal bunny rabbit that I bought in a private LJ sale a few months ago:

 


As you know, I also have a Goth "Barbie" doll, for whom I make clothes from remnants, and for whom I will soon start making furniture now that I have a pattern.  Goth-themed furniture, of course.

Too old for toys?  MEH.  Nonsense, no one is too old to play!  When we lose our sense of fun and play, then we are truly dead.  Or when we stop breathing, whichever comes first.  I think I'd rather do that.





6 comments:

  1. She's too cute! I can hardly wait to see the coffin crib. And the Goth Barbie furniture! I saw a picture on Pinterest where somebody made an entire dollhouse out of an old armoire. Think of the Goth possibilities there, Lucretia! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that dollhouse sounds fantastic!!! I'd love to do something like that, but first I'd need to find a place for it! Our apartment is more than a bit crowded with Martin's toys (Warhammer 40K and other "wargame" miniatures). But there are always possibilities... ;-)

      In the meantime, I'm on the lookout for something to make the coffin crib with/from. But the Goth Barbie furniture will be started very soon.

      Delete
  2. I am honestly considering getting a new Monster High doll when it comes out in 2014...the characters name? A vampire named Elissabat..very similar to my true name..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, I hope you do get it!! I seriously considered the Monster High dolls, but they're 1) SOOOO expensive! and 2) I'm a Barbie girl at heart! ;-)

      Delete
  3. You are just too adorable. Ed and I have been collecting Vamplets and other monsters from that collection. We've been searching high and low for that baby pram that "I Love Halloween" featured on their Facebook page. It is from TJ Maxx/Home Goods and is all creepy and weird ... just like us. I wanted to put the Vamplets in the pram and keep them in the corner of our new bedroom. I also collect the Monster High dolls, soooooo ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to find the pram just now, but there's waaaayyy too much stuff on that FB page to find ANYthing! :-( I didn't see it on the TJ Maxx/Home Goods websites, either. It sounds great!

      We would definitely be dangerous together, you know? ;-)

      Delete