Monday, August 26, 2013

South Bay Goth Meetup: Natasha's Attic Costume Shop

On Saturday our goth meetup group went on a shopping spree at Natasha's Attic Costume Shop in San Jose, CA.  Natasha is a new member of our group, and I thought it would be a fun opportunity to meet her AND get in some early shopping for Halloween!  :-)

Unfortunately, Natasha's family had an emergency and she was unable to be there after all, but her staff knew we were coming and made us feel SO welcome.  They were just awesome, and so is her shop!!  I can honestly say I've never been to a costume shop that I've enjoyed more.  And not only does it have lots of great Halloween costumes, but they carry a spectacular line of handmade masks AND a large selection of good quality steampunk clothing and accessories. And the prices are extremely reasonable.

My friend who rode with me and I were the first to arrive, about 15 minutes after the shop opened.  Everyone else arrived not long after, and we spent between an hour and 90 minutes in the store, taking pictures, trying things on, chatting, and having a great time in general.  Everyone bought something (and some of us bought quite a few somethings!), so Natasha still benefited from our event even though she couldn't join us.  Here are a few photos! 

This is everyone who made it to the meetup (except for the weird looking guy third from the right, he's a mannequin):

 

Please note that I made the skirt I'm wearing!  It's black with white skulls all over it, although you can't tell that from the picture:



And I bought these awesome leggings (someone else is wearing them in this pic)...

 

If you'd like to see more photos of the shop and our trip, check out Eternal Wynter's blog.

If you're ever in San Jose, CA and want to spend a fun hour or more, I highly recommend a visit to Natasha's Attic!  Her website can be found here.  The shop is open every day except Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, what a nice event. Your skirt looks gorgeous, the skulls looks like little polka-dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) The skirt is much cuter up close, because then you can see the skulls, which look like they're rolling all over the place! There are also little curly gray lines in the pattern as well which add some depth to the design.

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of you and Eternal Wynter together! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it turned out really well, too! Even if she DID buy the dress I wanted!!! :-P Well, I may just go back and buy it, and then we'll be a matched pair...

      Delete
  3. Looks like you all had a good time. It's nice to see a group of somewhat older Goths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, no teenybopper babybats in THAT pic (although none of us are ancient, either)! ;-)

      We did have a great time, we're all still talking about it. Tells you how desperate we are for dark, gothy company!! Fortunately, we've got a cemetery picnic coming up in a couple of weeks, so another fix is coming soon.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link :> This was so much fun! I look forward to more cool costume shop meetups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! I don't see how we can avoid it, that shop is soooo awesome! :-)

      Delete